5 Tips to selecting the best kayak for 2018
If you are the type of person who enjoys spending your free time outside in the wilderness, you should consider spending time on the water in a kayak. While it is not as exhilarating as taking a hike through a forest, only to stumble upon a breathtaking waterfall, kayaking can still provide a great deal of serenity and peace. Kayaking on the water is not only a good workout, but it can also be quite relaxing. Not to mention, kayaking is a great way to explore the ways of water and experience things such as beaver dams or frogs on lily pads. If you are new to kayaking, this article will serve as a great resource to help you find the right kayak for your needs.
- Where do you want to sit? You can choose a kayak that allows you to sit inside it or on top of it. If you are looking for a more efficient way to paddle around a body of water, the sit-in kayak is a great choice. In addition to it being more efficient, it can also be used when the temperature and the water are cool. The sit-on version is good for those who are looking for a model that are easy to get on and off. When you are sitting on top of the kayak, you are likely to get wet so you will want this kind only if you plan to use it during the warmer months.
- Think about where you will store your kayak. If you have a house near the lake, storing a kayak outdoors or in your garage is probably ideal. If this is the case, you can purchase a kayak that does not need to be broken down and conformed to a small space. If you live in an apartment, however, you may want to consider investing in a kayak that is inflatable or folds for easy storage.
- Weight capacity. If you plan to be the only person to use your kayak, this may not be an issue for you. HOwever, if you would like to have the opportunity to have a friend join you from time to time, you will want to pay attention to the weight limit. It would be quite embarrassing to get out on the lake only to find that the boat is sinking. Keep in mind that if the boat is overloaded, you will have a hard time paddling and your strokes will be much less efficient which will exhaust you quickly.
- A comfortable seat is important. If you plan to spend a great deal of time in your kayak, you will want to make sure that you invest in a good seat. While seats can be expensive, and can cost you an additional $100, they are well worth it, especially if you plan to invest a great deal of time paddling around the lake.
- Read reviews on bestkayaks.reviews. This is important because you can find a number of kayaks that fit your standards, but you may not know about their warranty information or how long you can expect the kayak to last. Reading reviews can help you get information from consumers who have purchased the kayak and they can share the pros and the cons to the model you are considering. This information can help you make a well informed decision on the kayak to go with.