If you’re looking for something to spice up your outfit today, hats are a great way to add a trendy flair to your wardrobe without making a lot of effort!
Whether it’s sunny, raining, or snowing, hats will never go out of style. Here are three reasons why you should put on a stylish hat right now:
- Hats Can Protect You as the Season Changes
Wearing hats like the wide-brimmed straw hat, for example, will not only make you look great at the beach but also protects you from the damaging sun’s rays, keeps the sunlight away from your eyes. It can help prevent skin cancer caused by frequent and unprotected skin exposure to ultraviolet (IV) rays.
Note: Don’t forget to take care of your scalp during the summer. Even if you put sunscreen on your face, you might want to wear a hat too. No matter how thick your hair is, it won’t be enough to protect your scalp from the heat.
Moreover, wearing hats (e.g., beanie) can also help regulate your body temperature, especially in the cold winter season.
- Wearing Hats Complete Your Look and Boost Self-esteem
Do not underestimate the power of hats when it comes to your fashion style and appearance. For example, wearing a hat can turn your simple jeans-and-shirt outfit into a chic and elegant look. Even a sundress will look dull without a wide-brim hat to go with it. This is because hats can magnify an already fantastic piece of clothing into an even more eye-catching style— be it baseball caps, pork pie hats, boater, bucket hats, etc.
For both men and women, there will be times when your hair won’t look good. Hence, you could really use a hat. Wearing one can not only help hide your frizzy hair and serve as your go-to bad hair day fix but also saves you a lot of time doing your hairstyle, especially when you’re in a hurry. It gives you more confidence to try new things and interact with other people as well.
- Hats Can Amplify Your Best Features
Depending on the style, hats can complement and flawlessly make the features of your face stand-out more. Here are some of the face shapes and hat styles that go together:
- Square face: If you have a square-shaped face, you can opt for large brim hats. Try to tilt them sideways to divide your face’s symmetry.
- Oblong face: Choose a wide-brim hat if you have an oblong-shaped face, but try to avoid top hats and any similar style.
- Round face: If you have a round-shaped face, you can always go for a straight-brim hat. However, you better dodge round hats as it makes the shape of your face more round.
- Oval face: Have an oval-shaped face? Congratulations! Almost all types of hat can look great on you.
And there you have it! Now that you know the reasons why you should start wearing hats, we hope you have fun picking outfits and choosing which hat styles best go with it from now on.