Flight Club began as VintageKicks.com back in 1999. Vintage Kicks was the original online community for buying and trading rare sneakers. The consignment kings of the sneaker world opened their first retail location, Flight Club New York, in April of 2005. Flight Club now has a second location in Los Angeles, along with an online shop at FlightClub.com. Flight Club has a simple 80/20 consignment agreement with resellers where they store, sell, and ship the sneakers for you. The reseller takes 80% of the sale price, and Flight Club takes the other 20%.

You can tell sneaker reselling is alive and well by taking a quick look at some of the prices on Flight Club. Super-limited releases as well as friends and family exclusives can go for big bucks online. The Top 10 Most Expensive Sneakers at Flight Club list proves that Nike is still on top in terms of releasing the most hyped and most expensive sneakers out there.

Note: The prices can vary from size to size for each sneaker.

1. Nike Air Mag ‘Back to the Future’ $7,500

Nike produced 1500 pairs of the Tinker Hatfield-designed Air Mags in 2011. The shoes were sold at a charity auction for the Michael J. Fox Foundation. Prices went upwards of $10,000 and the Mags have remained popular ever since. Tinker Hatfield hinted at a new version of the Air Mags with self-lacing technology to be released in 2015.


  • Style ID:417744 001
  • Year of Release:2011
  • Colorway:jetstream/white-pl blue

2. Air Jordan 5 Retro Q54 ‘Quai 54 Friends and Family’ $6,000

The Jordan 5 Q54 was released in celebration of the Quai 54 streetball tournament in Paris. One of the few Europe-only releases from Jordan Brand. The release was limited to friends and family only, hence the steep price tag.


  • Style ID:fa11mnjdls511
  • Year of Release:2011
  • Colorway:black/radiant grn-mts

3. Air Jordan 8 Retro ‘Sugar Ray’ $5,000

The Jordan 8 ‘Sugar Ray’ was the first ever Player Exclusive colorway to be released to the public. This Ray Allen PE was decked out in Celtics colors, and was limited to about 25 pairs. Ray Allen has always had some of the nicest sneakers in the NBA, hopefully Jordan Brand will drop a few more Player Exclusives in the near future.


  • Style ID:305381 002
  • Year of Release:2007
  • Colorway:black/stealth-clover

4. Nike Air Yeezy 2 NRG $5,000

Following up on their first collaboration, Nike and Kanye dropped the Air Yeezy 2 in two unique colorways for $245. Prices on the Yeezy 2 continue to rise after Kanye announced his sneaker deal with adidas. The black colorway is the most sought after out of the two colorways.


  • Style ID:508214 006
  • Year of Release:2012
  • Colorway:black/black-solar red

5. Nike LeBron 9 ‘Watch the Throne’ $4,500

The LeBron 9 WTT was an exclusive friends and family release to kick off Jay-z and Kanye West’s Watch The Throne tour. These kicks never made it to retail, so they come with a massive price tag.


  • Style ID:bom286954
  • Year of Release:2012
  • Colorway:black/gold-multi

6. Nike Air Yeezy $4,000

The first collaboration between Nike and Kanye West gave us the Air Yeezy. Definitely a classic sneaker that people still want to get their hands on. The black colorway still remains the most popular.


  • Style ID:366164 003
  • Year of Release:2009
  • Colorway:black/black

7. Nike Air Yeezy 2 SP ‘Red October’ $3,750

After months of anticipation, the Red Octobers were released without warning at Nike.com and sold out within minutes. The Red Octobers were most likely the last release between Kanye and Nike. Prices vary big time on this sneaker depending on size, and can go up to $5,000.


  • Style ID:508214 660
  • Year of Release:2013
  • Colorway:red/red

8. Nike LeBron 10 Celebration Pack ‘Championship’ $3,250

Nike dropped two versions of the LeBron 10 to celebrate his second NBA Championship. The sneakers were sold in a pack for $500 in limited numbers.


  • Style ID:628622 900
  • Year of Release:2013
  • Colorway:multi-color/multi-color

9. Nike Air Foamposite One ‘Paranorman’ $3,000

The Paranormans were limited to 800 pairs worldwide, and were only available by winning an online contest. The collaboration with the 3D stop-motion Paranorman film gave us one of the coolest foams to date.


  • Style ID:579771 003
  • Year of Release:2012
  • Colorway:black/black-electric green

10. Nike LeBron 10 Premium ‘What the MVP’ $2,750

The LeBron 10 ‘What the MVP’ was released in super limited numbers to celebrate LeBron’s 4th MVP award. Nike continues to drop ‘What The’ sneakers featuring a colorful mix of different versions of a player’s basketball shoes. This sneaker is one the craziest releases to date, but despite the unique colorway it still remains popular with sneakerheads.


  • Style ID:618217 300
  • Year of Release:2013
  • Colorway:dk atmc tlrflct slvrtd pl bl


This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.